Re: Problem making v4l driver tree

Mike,
          the make file is looking for the .config from your installed
kernel. On some distributions like Gentoo it is where it is expected
because Gentoo users compile another kernel at the drop of a hat. Other
distros like ubuntu ship the config file but it is not in the right
place. For ubuntu you would look in the /boot directory. It will be
called something like config-<kernel revision>. Copy it to the name
.config in the specified directory:

/lib/modules/2.6.25.16-0.1-pae/build/.config

You will need to find out what your distro does to ship the config file,
get a copy and put it there.

HTH

Paul

Mike Adolf wrote:
> According to the Mythtv Wiki on the pctv 800i card you need to extract
> firmware from windows file and download "v4l-dvb-c800683faf86.tar.gz",
> and do a make and make install to get the latest tree of drivers
> installed.  However, when I did the make I got the following  error.
> ------
> Updating/Creating .config
> Preparing to compile for kernel version 2.6.25
> File not found: /lib/modules/2.6.25.16-0.1-pae/build/.config at
> ./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 32, <IN> line 4.
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `.myconfig', needed by
> `config-compat.h'.  Stop.
> -----
> I am use to resolving dependency errors but don't know what to do with
> this one. I am using SuSe 11.   Since I do get good video but no sound,
> would it be a good idea to do an 'Install-sound' only-once I get it to make?
>
> Mike

believed to be clean.