ATI TV Wonder HD 600

> I purchased this card because it would fit in my low profile box and I
> mistook it for the "HDTV Wonder" that I had seen on the linuxtv.org and
> mythtv Wikis, only to find out that it wasn't (after banging my head
> against the wall for a few hours).

Well, Jason, at least you have some company in that regard; see the
following recent threads:

- http://marc.info/?l=linux-video&m=122263544930251&w=2
- http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=122348769130906&w=2
- http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=122064478030476&w=2

> Is there any way currently to use this card?

No.   At this point, I doubt that support for the Theater 550, 600 & 650
component parts, and consequently any of the devices that use them, will
ever be ascertained  ...  specifically, I doubt AMD/ATI  will ever
provide documentation for these chips, and, as they're not simplistic
parts, can understand why any developer would loathe the idea of trying
to reverse engineer support for them on their own.

Unlike their support for the graphics card end, it hasn't struck me that
AMD/ATI are too concerned about support for their multimedia product
portfolio....hmm, and now that I think about it, I wonder if rights to
these products also fell under a part of the recent Broadcom purchase
(of some ATI assets).