Re: Dvico Dual Digital 4 rev 2 broken in October?

On 19/10/2008, at 9:28 PM, Mark Callaghan wrote:

I have been trying to install drivers for my DVICO Dual Digital 4 rev 2 on ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24-21-generic), following the farly consistent instructions here & there. e.g. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DViCO_Dual_Digital_4 . But with no success. The v4l_dvb system builds & installs OK, but the card is not found on boot.

I went back to the tip of Sept 28 - and had immediate success.

Perhaps something has broken since then?

Cheers,
Mark

I have one of these cards in my system. The Ubuntu website asks you to download and install certain firmware files, and I believe this is where your problem is. The firmware files refer to Chris Pascoes original driver, and the new one uses an extracted firmware from a Hauppauge card.

Unfortunately I am writing this email in a hurry as I am late for work, but I would check your dmesg output to see if there are any messages relating to firmware. The script for extracting the current firmware has been put into the kernel source and written by Steve Toth I believe.

Regards
Alex Ferrara

Director
Receptive IT Solutions