hardware section filter support in dvb-usb

hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in linux dvb. Now I'm developing driver for our own dvb-usb chip, which has hardware section filter. But I found no interface in linux dvb-usb that I can use to control hardware section filter, only software section filter is provided in dvb-usb code.

So is there any hardware section filter support in dvb-usb? If no, is there any plan to add support for hardware section filter in dvb-usb?

The second question is, why DMX_MAX_FILTER_SIZE is 18? not 14 or any other length?

thanks a lot.

karma