Re: Problems with new S2API and DVB-T

Jose Alberto Reguero wrote:
> I am trying to use the new API for DVB-T and I have some problems. They are
> not way to set code_rate_HP, code_rate_LP, transmission_mode, and
> guard_interval , and the default values are 0, that are not the AUTO ones.
> Also the bandwidth is not treated well. The attached patch is a workaround
> that works for me.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your patch.

I've taken a different approach and added support for
DTV_TRANSMISSION_MODE, DTV_HIERARCHY, DTV_GUARD_INTERVAL,
DTV_CODE_RATE_HP and DTV_CODE_RATE_LP, so this will probably help.

In terms of the bandwidth changes, you realise that you have to
bandwidth in units of HZ via the S2API? If you're doing this then I do
not see why the bandwidth code is failing. We have some backward compat
code which should be cleanly taking care of this, proving you pass HZ
into the S2API.

One interest point is that we may want to pick sensible defaults for the
cache values during initialisation (which doesn't currently happen).
Applications that rely on default behaviour could be failing... although
Kaffeine, Myth, VDR and tzap applications are not experiencing this issue.

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/s2

Could you pull this tree and try again? (Remember to change your
bandwidth values to HZ, I.e. 8000000.

Thanks again,

Steve