Re: Porting analog support from HVR-1500 to the DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express (Read this one)

Tim Lucas wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Tim Lucas <lucastim@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:lucastim@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     OK, so I tested both s-video and composite inputs.  I get video for
>     s-video, but not composite.  The video seems to flicker a little bit
>     in tv time.  I just have standard rca cables plugged in for audio,
>     but I can;t get any sound.
>     I tried changing the "tuner-type" to 0xc2, 0xc4, and 0x61.  All
>     three gave the same results.
>
>          --Tim
>

> So the good news was that the s-video was working.  I want to make sure
> that I hooked up the sound correctly.  I can't imagine that there is any
> other way than the rca cables.  So what is next?

That's a great step forward. That means the tv input will probably
produce the correct input if the tuner is set correctly.

Switch to this tree http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/cx23885-audio and try
again with the svideo and audio tests.

Mijhail Moreyra wrote some HVR1500 audio patches, which I have not
tested yet. Do these produce audio for you via the svideo and breakout
RCA audio input cable?

> The only things that I can adjust in cx23885-cards.c is the "tuner-type"
>  I've tried various suggestions, but had no luck.  Are there other
> parameters that can be changed?

Look at how the HVR1500 analog tuner is setup in this tree, it may help
- especially with the tuner setup.

- Steve