Re: HVR-4000 and analogue tv

-----linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

>To: Jens.Peder.Terjesen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Anders Semb Hermansen <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent by: linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: 29-09-2008 11:40
>cc: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re:  HVR-4000 and analogue tv
>
>Jens.Peder.Terjesen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I thought that the analogue and DVB-T on this card was quite
>separate
>> parts?
>
>I think so yes.
>
>> The DVB-T broadcast has probably already begun. At least it has in
>my part
>> of Norway where the official date is also November 11th.
>
>I used w_scan yesterday and it returned results. I used scan to get a
>
>channels.conf which looks ok (don't have it here, I'm at work). But I
>
>could not manage to get it to play. I don't know if this is because
>of
>software not supporting frontend1 (DVB-T is on
>/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1), frontend0 is DVB-S or if it does not
>support the digital standard in norway yet. I tried to play using
>mplayer directly, and dvbstream with a pipe to mplayer (seems mplayer
>
>does not cope with different frontend).
>
>Any suggestion on how to go forward from here is appreceated.

This is about as far as I have come too.

I know that Kaffeine handles multiple frontends, but not sure about the
support for Norwegian DVB-T.
When I scanned with Kaffeine a few weeks ago it found only one of 24
channels, but there was no picture or sound. Not sure if this was because
the one channel it found is one of the encrypted ones.

I later patched and compiled DVB-apps, and this version of scan seemed to
be outputting correct information, but I am not sure if this can be used by
Kaffeine.

Jens