Re: cx88-alsa audio quality?

i have similar problem with cx88-alsa on hvr-1300 card.

i've been using it to connect playstation2 console to my pc via a
cable with both s-video and composite connectors.

while the video is in good quality,  the sound sounds metallic and
ofter with a very strong reverb. most of the time it's just random
noise.

sometimes it seems to pick up when there is more movement in the
video. when the picture gets still - the noise nearly goes away.

so far i have not found a solution to my problem (i've already asked
on this mailing list for help few months ago, maybe you'll find some
clues that will help you) , other than routing audio to the soundcard
via additional cables, and not taking it though the capture card.
changing sampling rates helps a bit.

hardware mpeg2 capture has perfect audio, however.

i suspected that my pc might be creating some sort of interference.
but that doesn't explain why mpeg2 capture is unaffected by it.

oh, and i cannot find any channels on analog tv. i hope that at least
radio will work (never tried it).