Re: DVB-H support

Hi,

Barry, did you refer to this? (Limbos project). I was looking for a specific Terratec DVB-T receiver to get it working but I can't find it (many versions of Terratec receivers and Limbos site doesn't specify which one was used). Which device did you used to receive DVB-H streams?

Uri, what I'm trying to develop is a seamless handover framework based in the future IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover standard (now on draft stage). This standard is aimed to provide seamless access services provided through IEEE 802 technologies such as 802.11 or 802.16 and cellular 3G ones. In the latest meetings of IEEE 802.21 working group a study group was created in order to provide with ideas to include in the standard HO support regarding broadcast/multicast services networks such as DMB and DVB-H with the other technologies. That's why I want to include DVB-H handover management in my video streaming application with a handover daemon.

Of course signal strength is not intended to be the only parameter to consider. Many others like the technical ones you said are to be considered as well. Also commercial parameters should be taken into account (like number of clients, roaming agreements and others).

Uri and Patrick, I thought that dvb-utils (LINUX TV) provided with a scan application that worked both with DVB-T and DVB-H as shown in Limbos project site. I thought that through the linux TV API and applications I could get the PIDs and the ESG properly. Anyway, getting the ESG with MADFLUTE, parsing it with libxml and then getting the IP stream through the PAT/PID (dvb-utils) could be possible? I don't know exactly the DVB-H service flow but once I knew that it can be done then I would read the linux tv documentation as deep as needed and look for help when necessary.

As said in previous mails, I don't know the linux TV utilities and that's why I ask if I can get information to manage DVB-H handovers and to decode the video/audio/data stream and use an application like VLC or a streaming framework like gstreamer to embed the video in a C++/Java GUI.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you all.

Best regards,
Javi