Re: DVB-H support

Hi Uri,

Thanks for your answer.

2008/9/22 Uri Shkolnik <urishk@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

yep, you can do it with any Siano chipset based device.

Do you know any specific device with Siano chipset that works properly or any device will do?

How are you going to deal with ESG and HO?

I want to develop a handover framework for IEEE 802.11 // 3G // DVB-H networks, dealing with different parameters depending on what drivers API allowed me, but basically the signal strength would be the main one.

Regarding the ESG I don't know how to deal with it as I'm a complete novice with LinuxTV/dvb-utils. First I wanted to know if it was possible to get DVB-H streams with it and what hardware would be proper. I supposed that demuxing and selecting the contents would be nearly the same that in DVB-T, as the main difference is the time slicing in DVB-H streams.

Anyway, do you have any idea or piece of advice? Is what I want to do possible or not?

Best Regards,

Uri Shkolnik