Re: [RFC] cinergyT2 rework final review

Hi,

>> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>> Hi Thierry,

(I tested this driver on AMD/Intel/ARM platforms for months), it is
time for

>>> Are you really sure you want to wait until October 19 with that? You
heard
>>> Jonathan this morning, he is expecting a new release every day now, so
the
>>> merge window will start quite soon. Maybe it would be better to
shorten your deadline in favour of having the driver in-tree for
2.6.28. When it
>>> is inside it is still possible for at least 1.5 months to fix occuring
problems.

>> Agreed, shorten and aim for 2.6.28 - especially if you've already done
a significant amount of personal testing.

>> - Steve
>>

> OK. In my mind this patch was not a priority and some users reported
bugs but we don't have any news from their part. Maybe buggy users :) I
will wait just a little at least from Tomi and send a pull request to
Mauro within the middle of the next week.

Not much has been happening during the summertime. No new bug reports have
been reported and I never heard again from the person who claimed to have
had problems with this driver in May(?). This driver has been working in
my own use quite well, especially after upgrading the bios to the latest
available version from TerraTec.

Regards,
Tomi Orava