Re: Support for Pinnacle PCTV mini stick (USB TV Tuner) 80e

Tharsan Bhuvanendran wrote:
> Devin,
>
> Thanks for the quick response!
>
> I've pried open the device and snapped a few shots with my Nikon D40.
> You can get them at http://drop.io/tharsan.
>
> I also created a Wiki page for the device at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_mini_Stick_(80e).
> I've documented what I could determine on the Wiki page.
>
> Please let me know if there's anything else you need and I'll do my very
> best to get you what you need!

Please don't top post, it's against the list policy. More below.

> - Tharsan
>
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Devin Heitmueller
> <devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Tharsan,
>
>     2008/9/20 Tharsan Bhuvanendran <me@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:me@xxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any dvb support for the
>     Pinnacle
>      > PCTV HD mini stick (USB TV Tuner).
>      > The model is 80e.  This appears to be a new model, released about
>     a month
>      > ago.
>      >
>      > The Pinnacle product page is here:
>      >
>     http://pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/HD+mini+Stick
>     <http://pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+%28DVB-S_DVB-T%29/HD+mini+Stick>
>
>     I just finished support for the Pro and Non-Pro versions a couple of
>     weeks ago, but judging by the different form factor, I would suspect
>     this is a different hardware design.
>
>     The most useful thing you could do would be to pop the device open and
>     take digital photos of the PCBs, and create a page on the LInuxTV DVB
>     Wiki for the device.
>
>     Once we know what components it contains, that will give us some idea
>     how much work will be required.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Devin

We have inkernel support for the TDA18271 but not the DRXJ demo I think.

Please add the pictures to the wiki so they don't get lost, and other
users can benefit from them 12 months form now without having to
reference this email.

Thanks,

- Steve