Re: Multiproto API/Driver Update

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Simon Kenyon <simon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 21:25 +0200, Markus Rechberger wrote:

>> > is there any issue with GPL code being merged into BSD?
>> > just asking
>>
>> Not with the code which comes from our side. They're at DVB-T right
>> now which already works.
>> That code is fully duallicensed.
>> The Bridge code itself needs to get slightly refactored for analog TV.
>> They are getting full technical and HW support.
>
> not quite sure (in the context of your sentence) who "our side" is.
> all the code on mcentral.de seems to be GPL 2 or greater with copyright
> claimed by you and others. i've seen nothing on this mailing list about
> dual licencing any linuxtv.org code.
>
> i am in no way a gpl bigot. but legal niceties have to be dealt with.

It's on the website, especially the new drivers which came from Empia
are dual licensed
and intended to be reused with other systems. GPL is just the one
which is used with Linux.

Those parts which are in question in case of license violations will
be replaced and pointed out to people
who port the code. No big deal.

Markus