Re: Multiproto API/Driver Update

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 21:25 +0200, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Simon Kenyon <simon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 02:46 +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> >> The initial set of DVB-S2 multistandard devices supported by the
> >> multiproto tree is follows. This is just the stb0899 based dvb-s2 driver
> >> alone. There are more additions by 2 more modules (not devices), but for
> >> the simple comparison here is the quick list of them, for which some of
> >> the manufacturers have shown support in some way. (There has been quite
> >> some contributions from the community as well.):
> >>
> >> (Also to be noted is that, some BSD chaps also have shown interest in
> >> the same)
> >
> > is there any issue with GPL code being merged into BSD?
> > just asking
>
> Not with the code which comes from our side. They're at DVB-T right
> now which already works.
> That code is fully duallicensed.
> The Bridge code itself needs to get slightly refactored for analog TV.
> They are getting full technical and HW support.

not quite sure (in the context of your sentence) who "our side" is.
all the code on mcentral.de seems to be GPL 2 or greater with copyright
claimed by you and others. i've seen nothing on this mailing list about
dual licencing any linuxtv.org code.

i am in no way a gpl bigot. but legal niceties have to be dealt with.
--
simon