Re: S2API simple szap-s2 utility

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 09:30:04AM +0300, "?????? ????? <liplianin@xxxxxx>"@vdr.localdomain wrote:
>
>> mplayer, kaffeine, xine works with properly filled channels.conf
>>
>>   mplayer dvb://channelname
>>
>> Or you may try:
>> In one console
>>   szap-s2 channelname -r
>>
>> In another
>>   mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adaptero/dvr0
>>

> Thank you very much, I missed the -r yesterday :-)
>
> Unfortunetely today I can't tune to anything, I always got this error :
> FE_SET_PROPERTY failed: Operation not permitted
>
> Directly with mplayer, I only get sofar :
>
> mplayer dvb://1@ZDF
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r27546 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model:
> 15, Stepping: 6)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
>
> Playing dvb://1@ZDF.
> dvb_tune Freq: 11954000
> TS file format detected.
>
> Thanks.

The S2API is changing rapidly. Over the last few days the API has been
refined and the message are being changed / finalized. It's actually
close to to it's final shape after last nights patches. I probably still
have a few bugs too! :)

Igor is doing a great job with szap-2 but he's also not quite up to date
with the current tree, the interfaces on szap-s2 will not match the
current s2api tree). Let's make sure Igor has caught up with last nights
changes before you try satellite tuning again.

Recap: The latest version of tune.c (currently 0.0.5 at
steventoth.net/linux/s2) is the most up to date and contains example
code for how to tune the API. Igor is taking this code and patching the
changes into szap-s2 on a regular basis.

As today progresses I'll be collecting feedback on todays patches, if we
have new bugs then expect more patches and fixes this evening.

Thanks for helping test Gregoire!

- Steve