Re: DSS Support

boris stevenson wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Regular twinhaun and Genpix dvb devices (Skywalker) have driver support
> for DSS. Applications like MythTV have available patches to support DSS.
> (Not sure about VDR yet). It is very critical we add this support to the
> framework.
>
> Below is the latest Genpix diff patch with DSS support as an example if
> that helps.
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4I05OXVJ

I've looked at this patch and it has significant changes to dvb_frontend
and other user facing API's. It's not something that can be merged as
is, without major cleanup.

It would be possible to extract, cleanup and merge the demodulator/card
driver, probably.

I don't have this hardware so I probably wouldn't work on the card
specific driver.

I will use this for DSS reference though, thanks.

- Steve