Re: Multiproto API/Driver Update

Barry,

My name is Uri Shkolnik and I'm Siano's software architect.

If you would like to add a generic support for DAB, T-DMB, DAB2, DAB-IP, etc. to LinuxTV, it'll be great!

I can assist you with generic information, plus chipset specific information.

If you have a DAB related RF feed, I even can, on certain conditions, to supply you with a hardware (USB or SDIO based), I already did so before with different open source / Linux projects.

I'm not sure that DVB sub-system is the perfect location for DAB related devices, and what about multi-DTV devices? (Siano based chipsets devices support many DTV standards, DVB-x and DAB-y among them), maybe somewhere up the chain (under media/common ? elsewhere? I'm not pretending to be a Linux kernel nor LinuxTV expert).

Anyway, keep in touch, just letting you know that I'm here... (except my vacation between Sep 19th and Oct 20th :-)

Uri