Re: HVR4000 scratchpad patch

> Hi
>
> Does it work as expected or do you have a problem?

It seems to be working fine for DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-T :).
I wanted a minimal diff to easily scan through what is in it and what has
changed. I wasn't sure of the status anyway so I thought I would ask.

> The revision is 8628. The reason that you find this patch larger than
> expected is because when I was supplied with some fixes from a fellow user
> Carlo Scarfoglio the updates were against an older tree and when
> added to a more recent tree it meant that a whole bunch of stuff which
> had been added since his patch had to be reverted.

OK, I see.

> It's a bit messy but it ought to work and has been tested to work.
>
> If you wish to provide a cleaner more up to date multi-frontend diff
> then please go ahead, you are welcome.

I'll send you one of the smaller diffs I mentioned -- the end result is identical.
As for more up-to-date I may do but I can't promise anything.

Would you mind saying what what will happen next with it?
I.e. will it be renamed from scratchpad to mfe_latest or are you going to make
further changes. And are there any fixes or changes already in it apart from
the ones necessary to work with 2.6.26 ?

Thanks,
Hans

--
Release early, release often.