Re: Multiproto API/Driver Update

Halim Sahin wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mo, Sep 08, 2008 at 02:21:21 +0200, Markus Rechberger wrote:
>> If you're going to pay my monthly insurance for working together with
>> linuxtv.org (something has to
>> compensate the slowdown of the development due those endless wanted
>> discussions) I'll be glad to
>> go that way.
>
> Your choosen way doesn't compensate the non-ending diskusions too.
> Maybe you should start to show other developers how things can go on
> without slowing down development and
> building drivers out of official kernel tree?
>
> I read most of the mails on this list and
> the current situation is really annoying.
>
> 1. We have multiproto
> 2. We have s2-API
> 3. We have your drivers at mcentral.de
>
> Please go on alltogether and stop working against each other.
> Have a nice Day

S2API is available on linuxtv.org, along with all of my other trees. I
don't get paid by Hauppauge to work on Linux.... I chose to work from
linuxtv.org because I love Linux and I believe that's where the heart of
the community belongs.

Fragmenting tree's to mcentral.de or Manu's repo (just.de?) shows that
those developers don't want to contribute to the community at linuxtv.org.

S2API is actively maintained at linuxtv.org, where the community owns
the code.

- Steve