Re: Compro VideoMate E650 hybrid PCIe DVB-T and analog TV/FM capture card

stev391@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [...]

I suspect the card has an eeprom. Longer term that will nee to be
queried during _probe() and a card selection made automatically. I'd
personally prefer to see different card[] entires for each board type,
and have the eeprom determine which card is implemented. This allows
people to also modprove card=X for test purposes with any new devices
that arrive, without patching code.

Label the card with the correct product description for the time being,
until other cards can be analyzed.

Assuming it has an eeprom, try to collect eeprom dumps from different
cards. 1) Either contact Compro for an eeprom description or 2) figure
it out.

> 2) So far I have proved the card will not work without the cx25840 module (1st patch was without it, second patch was with it).
>    Did you want me to temporary remove the GPIO set from the cx25840 code to ensure this is what is required for this card?
>    Or should I just make a similar comment in the GPIO set up section of cx23885-cards.c?

I'd like to know for sure that the GPIO on the 25840 is required. I know
this means a little more work but it's good to understand the GPIO
layout for sure - rather than through assumption. If you could generate
a new patch that would be great.

> Other then these items, there is nothing else I'm concerned with, so a patch should will be prepared shortly. (I don't have access to my testing box from work at the moment).

Great, thanks Stephen.

- Steve