Re: DVB-S2 / Multiproto and future modulation support

Steven Toth wrote:
> Regarding the multiproto situation:
>
> [...]
> If you feel that you want to support our movement then please help us by
> acking this email.
>
> Regards - Steve, Mike, Patrick and Mauro.
> [...]

Full ACK!

While appreciating Manu's work and actually using Multiproto without
major issues for some time now, I see that it will never move forward
this way. We have to get S2 support into the vanilla kernel <full-stop>

My main concern is the multiproto work that has already been done for
vdr (specifically 1.7.0), so while not being a programmer at all I'd
like to express my support in offering resources: If any of the core
programmers working on the new API needs something (test VM with DVB-S2
cards actually hooked up to multiple satellites, webspace, bandwidth,
...) please let me know!

Best regards,
    Christian