Re: Looks like there's a new unsupported WinTV Nova T 500 out there

Michael Krufky wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Anyway, thanks for all the friendly advice. I'll let you
>> know how I get on with the replacement, when it arrives.
>
> You can fix it yourself if you want.... or you can get a replacement
> -- it's up to you.
>
> Based on the information in your dmesg, I can see that the eeprom on
> your device has gotten erased or corrupted.  Some informative links:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.dvb/36609
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg26676.html

That's amazing. I now have a populated /dev/dvb!!

I'm guessing this isn't a great long term solution. Probably
best if the card goes back, but now I get to have my first
play with MythTV over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
	Paul.