Re: HVR-1800 DVB Configuration

David Schollmeyer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I assume the channel names, pid values and service numbers in your
>> channels.conf are accurate. Did this come as a result of running the scan
>> app, or something else?
>>
>> - Steve
>>

> I used the values from a mythtv-users posting from a couple of years
> ago so I'm not sure if it is up-to-date. I also tried ascan but the
> output from that did not have any channel names (they were all of the
> format "[000x]") so I'm not sure if that worked correctly. The
> mythtv-users posting said that Cox does not transmit pids.

Given that this is working fine for a number of people it's more likely
a Cox related problem. You should try running:

scan -A2 US-Cable_Center-Frequencies (google the exact center
frequencies filename or look in /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/something....)
at the scanning files.

Also try the IRC/HRC equivalent frequency tables.

If you're lucky 'scan' will generate a new channels.conf for you, and
the world will be a happy shiny Digital Cable loving place.

- Steve