Re: DViCO Fusion HDTV7 Dual Express

http://martinpitt.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/packaged-dvb-t-drivers-for-ubuntu

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php

<mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> [...]
Will

>> written

>> Would one

>> probably

>>> Tim,
>>>
>>> Can you take a high resolution photo of the card and create a wiki page
with this card?
>>> Also provide a list of the chips (as on the card), for example cx23885.
I mainly want to now
>>> the demodulators that are in use on the card as the driver has two
possible paths in the code
>>> depending on which demodulator is installed. Which one is it: S5H1411 or
S5H1409 or something
>>> else? From the low resolution photos on the DViCO site there should be
two of these chips
>>> roughly in the middle of the card side by side.
>>>

>> It doesnt matter -- I have both versions of this board, the 1409 and the
>> 1411 version.
>>
>> The boards are identical, other than the newer demodulator.
>>
>> Both boards are supported.  Both frontend paths are supported.
>>
>> You need to use the v4l-dvb mercurial *tip* for full support.  Older
>> revisions will only support one tuner.
>>
>> You also need the xc5000 firmware placed into the correct location
>> (usually /lib/firmware)
>>
>> I added support for these boards and they are both running fine in my
>> mythtv-backend for digital atsc and qam recordings.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Tim,
>
> Since Mike has these cards I let him help you out, sorry if I have
confused you.

> I have just checked the package that i referenced as well and it is indeed
missing the proper support required for your card.

Stephen,

Feel free to continue helping him -- I just stated the facts ...  There
is no need for any photos or any kind of research in order to support
this board -- I already have been there and done that -- it's already
fully supported.

--EXCEPT for analog.

He needs to use hg tip if he wants digital to work.

...meanwhile, he needs analog, because he's using some internal analog
video network.  I think he's screwed.  Sorry, tim.

If you want to use the board to receive ATSC digital television from the
air, or Clear QAM Annex-B digital cable, then you're golden.

-Mike