Re: Possible SMP problems with budget_av/saa7134

Hi Oliver.

On Monday 18 August 2008 22:26:19 I wrote:

> So far everything is looking very good- haven't had a single failure in
> almost 2 days now.

Ok... rejoiced too soon. I got the same error (write failing) this morning but
this time (due to the proper locking in place), at least the slot reset
worked just fine and after a few seconds, everything worked again by itself
which _never_ worked before. So this is quite an improvement. IMHO the
locking patch should definitely make it into the tree and properly in 2.6.27
as well because it fixes (at least partially) a long standing bug and causes
no harm.

I have a pretty good hunch where the remaining problem could be: en50221. I
have put a lot of new debugging output in it and now I have to wait till it
happens again. If I am right, we'll have to put some locking in there too.
I'll go into more detail once I am sure that I am not seeing ghosts in the
machine. :-)

So long,
matthias.