Re: Support for Asus My-Cinema U3000Hybrid?

Albert Comerma escreveu:
> Sorry, I didn't explained much... it also took some time to me to
> understand how it's working... Since xc2028 is the tunner it has no Id
> information on the code. The id's are on the usb bridge code. You
> should add your deviece id's at;
> /v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h and then insert
> your device at
> /v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c    first
> the device descriptors (at arround line 1120) and then the device
> itself, I would try it around line 1418. This last file, has already
> the include to the xc2028 code and calls the tunner funcions. Looking
> the code around this lines I guess you will understand how it works.
>
> Albert
>
> 2008/8/9 zePh7r <zeph7r@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:zeph7r@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
>     Albert Comerma escreveu:
>
>         Just to clarify things...
>
>         Xceive chips are just tunners, RF chips, mostly analogue with
>         some digital interface, they don't do anything with usb or
>         comunication with the computer, for this reason you need the
>         dibcom chip, it's a usb bridge + decoder + something else...
>         To start to develop something you must first be sure of what
>         chips it's using.
>         If not you can try blindly if modifying the code for the
>         U3000-Mini works or Pinnacle 320cx (dibcom 7700 + xceive2028)
>         work (you just need to add your device usb id's).
>
>         Albert
>
>     Thank you for replying Albert.
>     I've been exploring the files downloaded through the mercurial
>     repository and though I have found files which seem like they
>     relate to that purpose in
>     /v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/common/tuners (which are
>     tuner-xc2028.c , tuner-xc2028.h and tuner-xc2028-types.h) I can't
>     find any section in the above files with some sort of list of
>     device ID's so as to resemble them. There should be something like
>     an xc2028-cards.c right?
>     This must seem a noob question but this whole process looks like
>     something someone who's not deeply into this project couldn't do
>     easily..

Thank you for being assisting me on this task Albert.
I've been exploring the files you mentioned and I'm a bit puzzled about
this specific string: &dib0700_usb_id_table[32] (where 32 is the value
for one of the cards). I couldn't find any correlation envolved with it.
Is there any special place I should look at to get the proper value for
this string?
Also, the last section seemed  the right one to add the entry for my
device. Do you agree?

Thanks..