Re: question about definition of section in PSI of Transport stream

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2008 11:12:53 you wrote:
>> Hi:
>> thanks for your explanation.
>> BTW, I find all my Ts only have one section, section_number and
>> last_section_number are both 0.
>
> yes, there's only one section
>
>> Would you please tell me where I can get multi-sections TS for
>> tracing?
>>
>> appreciate your help,
>> miloody
>
> Please,  don't top-post.
> Some satellite transponder with many programs surely has multi-section
> PMTs, but I never found any

PMTs are always just one section. PATs could have more than one but that
would normally need more than 250 programmes on one TS, so it's not that
easy to find a TS with multi section PATs. Other tables, like NIT or SDT
often are bigger than 1024 bytes and split over several sections.

Regards
Andreas