Re: Scan issues on Pinnacle 2001e DAUL Diversity

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 linux-dvb-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am working on DVB-T for the first time. I am using a Pinnacle PCTV 2001e
> USB DVB-T dongle.In that the device dri vers are getting registered and the
> device is getting detected.I am using a 2.6.23.15 kernel.
>
> [...]
>
> But, after that when i am trying to run any scan application , it is showing
> "scan failed".
>
> the dmesg after running scan application is,
>
> [...]
> 474166000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>
> [...]
>
> Can Anyone Please tell me if you have faced a similar problem or what is
> happening ?
> Do i have to add something to the kernel?

Hello,

I have the same tuner and this output is what I have, when there is a low
or none signal. Dvbscan needs a quite good signal to proceed. Try to
obtain channels.conf on the internet insteed of scanning, then try to zap
to some channel and see signal level and error rate from tzap application
while moving antena around.

I have solved this way my problem with one multiplex, which I couldn't
scan for months. I have found, that placing antena horizontally on one
place of my window gives me sufficcient signal to receive :-)

--

Tomáš Bláha

e-mail:   tomas.blaha at kapsa.cz
JabberID: tomiiik at jabber.cz