Re: hvr-1300 analog audio question

On 00:56 Sun 06 Jul     , hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi yoshi/marcin,
>
> Am Samstag, den 05.07.2008, 13:03 +0200 schrieb marcin kowalski:
> > On 11:18 Sat 05 Jul     , yoshi watanabe wrote:
> > > one small update. when i run the arecord | aplay combo with these parameters :
> > >
> > > arecord -D hw:1,0 -c 2 -f S16 --period-size=8192 --buffer-size=524288 | aplay -
> > >
> > > or with omitting the --period-size=8192 --buffer-size=524288
> > >
> > > i hear noise. but when i start tvtime, right after video appears on
> > > screen i usually get 1-2 seconds of clear audio, and then noise comes
> > > in. i might be on to something. when i discard the buffering
> > > parameters sometimes arecord or aplay complain about buffer underrun.
> > > tvtime does not use cx88 mixes by default, by if i specify /
> > >
> > > also this command
> > >  arecord -D hw:1,0 -c 2 -f S16_LE --period-size=65536
> > > --buffer-size=524288 -r 48000| aplay -r 48000 -
> > >
> > > gives me very few errors now. noise pick ups when the sounds get
> > > louder though, but feel i'm really close now.
> > >
> > > this is on a freshly installed system with mpeg encoder module
> > > disabled. i'll do some more testing.
> > >

> > this mail got strangely garbled when i sent it. it certainly didn't look like this when i sent it.
> >
> > the thing is - i'm pretty close to success. i'll try building cx88 modules from ~rmcc branch to see whether they make a
> > difference.
>
> garbling always happens, but did not reach me in this case.
>
> My comment was only meant as a side note.

by garbling i meant that part of the mail vanished and it lacks sense in the middle (around the '\' character). gaah,
nevermind that :]

> Did you try "sox"? For uncompensated audio clocks it usually works
> better.

i'll see what happens. good idea.

> I'm far away from any playstation stuff.
>
> AFAIK, it has noninterlaced output on the RF connector, are you on that
> one?

i'm pretty green at this stuff, i'll have to read on what 'RF connector' is before i can answer you ;-) my a/v
related english vocabulary is really lacking.

> What about the s-video and composite outputs and audio directly
> connected to the sound card input?
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

doh! i never thought of that :]

i'll have to re-check my audio inputs and try it - i have on-board nvidia cx804 audio chip (uses snd-intel8x0 driver)
and it has way too many connectors (at least 8) :]