Re: af9015 driver fails on ubuntu 8.04 / alink dtu-m

On 4.7.2008, at 20:20, Antti Palosaari wrote:

> Peter Parkkali wrote:
>>
>> I tried it, and it produces exactly the same kind of errors as
>> before.  However, this time VLC doesn't crash - it just keeps on
>> sending the  garbled stream out. (Could be a coincidence - the
>> receiving vlc did  eventually crash.)
>> I tried connecting it via a USB 2 adapter, and there it works 99%
>> of  the time :) although there are still some glitches in the
>> picture and  sound. Both vlc and kernel still print the same
>> messages when running,  but there are fewer,  about 10-20 lines
>> after running for ~10 min.
>> - peter
>
> Do you have any USB2.0 port to test?

Yep, that's what I meant in the previous mail - I tested it with both
USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports earlier today, and with USB 2.0, it works 99%.
But there are still some minor glitches in reception, as if the signal
was bad, but it's connected to a keskusantenni so I don't think that's
very probable..

I put the logs from testing w/ USB 2.0 here since the mailing list
seems to wrap long lines:
http://pastebin.com/m182d08b9
http://pastebin.com/m8164d17

> When I implemented PID-filter for USB1.1 I reached also similar
> problem, but that was only for broadcasting MUX A in Finland. With
> other muxes I tested it was OK. I don't know why. Can you ensure
> that problems are only when viewing MUX A programs?

I'm afraid I don't know how, or what it even means :-/ Do you know if
that's possible around Helsinki / pääkaupunkiseutu?

The channels.conf I used today was produced with "scan /usr/share/doc/
dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/fi-Espoo" with the adapter connected to
HTV/Welho's cable network here (for some reason they transmit the DVB-
T signal along with DVB-C, so it's possible to use terrestrial devices).

> Anyhow, USB2.0 port and without PID-filtering your device should
> work like a charm.

More stupid questions - should I disable PID filtering manually, or is
it something the driver does automatically when a USB 2.0 port is used?

I can do more testing in the "evening" once I get home, if needed.

Thanks for the help!

-p

--
Peter Parkkali