Re: af9015 driver fails on ubuntu 8.04 / alink dtu-m

Peter Parkkali wrote:
> Moi,
>
> On 3.7.2008, at 15:08, Antti Palosaari wrote:
>>> Since upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04 (Linux 2.6.24-19), I haven't been
>>> able  to get Antti's af9015 driver to work with the a-link's
>>> "DTU(m)" dongle  (USB 15a4:9016). I'm using the latest version from http://linuxtv.org/hg/
>>>  ~anttip/af9015/ . An older version of the driver did work earlier
>>> this  year on Ubuntu 7.10 with the same stick, however.
>> From the logs I see that you have USB1.1. Could you comment out
>> USB1.1 stuff from af9015_read_config -function and test if it
>> resolves issue you have. Function is inside of the af9015.c -file.
>

> I tried it, and it produces exactly the same kind of errors as before.
> However, this time VLC doesn't crash - it just keeps on sending the
> garbled stream out. (Could be a coincidence - the receiving vlc did
> eventually crash.)
>
> I tried connecting it via a USB 2 adapter, and there it works 99% of
> the time :) although there are still some glitches in the picture and
> sound. Both vlc and kernel still print the same messages when running,
> but there are fewer,  about 10-20 lines after running for ~10 min.
>
> - peter

Do you have any USB2.0 port to test?
When I implemented PID-filter for USB1.1 I reached also similar problem,
but that was only for broadcasting MUX A in Finland. With other muxes I
tested it was OK. I don't know why. Can you ensure that problems are
only when viewing MUX A programs?
Anyhow, USB2.0 port and without PID-filtering your device should work
like a charm.

When I get some time I will test and sniff how windows driver does
PID-filtering.

Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/