Re: cx23885 driver and DMA timeouts

stev391@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Steven,
>
> The card works perfectly using Chris Pascoe's branch, I can use both
> tuners at the same time. It only stuffs up when I try and merge the
> relevant sections into tip, as per the patch I attached in the previous
> email.  So this eliminates bios/hardware faults. I can also try in
> windows for you, but I'm sure this is not the fault.
>
> I would like to run a more modern version of the hg code as I have other
> cards sitting around that could go in the same system and also I fear
> that if somebody doesn't do the work to get it into tip, support will
> disappear for newer kernels.
>
> Thanks for help, any further advice?
> (Also you lost me a bit with sram and risc, is this for the
> microprocessor on the tv card or is it on my motherboard/cpu? And do you
> have any documentation about them so I can learn more about it?)
>
> Stephen.

No need to try windows, if you have the driver already running (pascoe's
patches) then your chipset and hardware are fine.

Sounds like you have a simple merge issue.

Try to figure out which parts of the merge actually create the problem
then bring that issue back to this list for discussion.

Regards,

- Steve