From: "Steven Toth"
To: stev391@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cx23885 driver and DMA timeouts
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:54:39 -0400

> As soon as I try to access both cards at the same time it breaks
> and only a full computer restart will fix it, i have tried
> unloading all the modules that I can find that this card uses and
> debug =1). It doesn't matter what progam i use to access them
> (tried gxine, totem, mythtv) it all works the same, only one at a
> time or it breaks.

If the vidb and vidc (ts1 / ts2) bridge streams each single channel
correctly, but not both together then this is either a sram
configuration issue (the risc engine's workspace is being corrupted
by another risc channel), or your system has a pcie compatibility
issue.

I've seen both of these issues in the past.

I don't have a hardware product with demodulators on vidb and c, so
that's not something I can repro.

Can you dual boot the same system under windows and remove any pcie
compatibility doubts?

- Steve

--
See Exclusive Videos: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards