Re: cx18 or tveeprom - Missing dependency?

On Jun 17, 2008, at 10:52 AM, mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Brandon Jenkins wrote:
> Brandon,
>
> VIDEO_CX18 selects VIDEO_TUNER , but you chose the option,
> "MEDIA_TUNER_CUSTOMIZE" , which turns off the automatic tuner
> dependency
> selections.  Please note the description of this option:
>
> menuconfig MEDIA_TUNER_CUSTOMIZE
>        bool "Customize analog and hybrid tuner modules to build"
>        depends on MEDIA_TUNER
>        help
>          This allows the user to deselect tuner drivers unnecessary
>          for their hardware from the build. Use this option with care
>          as deselecting tuner drivers which are in fact necessary will
>          result in V4L/DVB devices which cannot be tuned due to lack
> of
>          driver support
>
>          If unsure say N.
>

> We allow users to disable certain modules if they think they know
> better, and choose to compile out drivers that they don't need.  You
> should not have disabled tuner-simple -- to play it safe, don't enable
> MEDIA_TUNER_CUSTOMIZE
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Mike,

Thank you. I understand the impact my choice makes in that matter.
However, all of the other modules required for cx18 to function are
marked in the lists as -M- indicating it is a required module/module
dependency. I apologize for my ignorance of terminology, etc., but it
would seem to me that "Simple tuner support" should automatically have
the -M- as a required resource for the tuner to function correctly.

Thank you for your time in responding.

Brandon