extraction xc5000 firmware

Greetings!

This is my first experience with Linux, and I am trying to set up a Pinnacle PCTV HD (800i) card in my new media center PC (Ubuntu Hardy Heron/ Mythbuntu), but I'm having a difficult time installing the xc5000 firmware from your site. When I run the perl script , I consistently get the message: "Invalid zip archive, either corrupt or incorrect version", even though I have downloaded the .zip archive into the same directory as the script file. Could there be a problem with the script, or could my distro be somehow changing the zip file so that the perl script thinks it is corrupt? Or is there another way to extract the firmware to my machine (bearing in mind that I am a newbie, of course)

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Rust