How to use a DVB FRONTEND in read only?

Hi,

I have a question about multiple access to the dvb framework.

I would like to open the dvb in readonly and take whatever frequency is currently tuned:

1) I open the frontend in read only
2) query the current frequency to check is there is a lock
3) I open the demux, set some filters and read from the demux.

There is a *big* issue here:

The card streams packets *only* and *as long* as the frontend is opened in read/write (by some other
application) and tuned.
If my application opens the frontend in readonly and there is no other application running, the
ioctl FE_GET_INFO still returns FE_HAS_LOCK but no data goes through the demux.
As soon as the frontend is tuned, the data arrives.

Am I correct? How can I detect if the dvb is running or not?

Andrea