Re: Remote on Lifeview Trio: anyone got it working?

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 06.06.2008, 16:30 +0200 schrieb Nico Sabbi:
>
>> Hi,
>> did anyone get the remote controller on the Trio working?
>> I found a patch from which it seems that it talks via i2c either
>> at 0x0b or at 0x0e address and someone reported success,
>> but it seems that no patch was applied to linuxtv's HG repository.
>>
>> Can anyone who has it working post the correct patch(-es), please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> 	Nico
>>

> you find the patch from Eddi based on the Henry Wong MSI TV@nywhere
> patch here.
>
> http://tux.dpeddi.com/lr319sta
>
> You might have to apply it manually, since quite old.
> If so, please post an updated patch after that for others.
> It is known to work.
>
> Doing the probing of the IR chip in ir-kbd-i2c to make it responsive is
> the main reason for not have been included, since it is expected not to
> be accepted at mainline.
>
> According to Eddi and Peter on the video4linux-list on May 28 2007, the
> driver has a flaw in implementing i2c remotes card specific.
> Dwaine Garden with the same problem on the Kworld ATSC110 also confirmed
> that it is not possible to initialize the similar behaving KS chips from
> saa7134-cards.c currently. His patch version is also only off tree
> available.
>
> Sampling from gpio IRQ, what we do on recent Asus PC39 remotes, is also
> not implemented yet for i2c remotes and the lack is visible in
> saa7134-core.c.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

Hi Hermann,

With regards this patch, the i2c stuff has changed in ir-kbd-i2c.c.
I have previously successfully modified Henry's patch for various i2c
remotes.

However it no longer works, because of this change where the probing was
done:

Part of Henry's patch:
<snip>
c.adapter = adap;
for (i = 0; -1 != probe[i]; i++) {
c.addr = probe[i];
+
+ if (c.adapter->id == I2C_HW_SAA7134 && probe[i] == 0x0b) {
+ /* enable ir receiver */
+ buf = 0;
+ if (1 != i2c_master_send(&c,&buf,1))
+ dprintk(1,"Unable to enable ir receiver.\n");
+ }
rc = i2c_master_recv(&c,&buf,0);
dprintk(1,"probe 0x%02x @ %s: %s\n",
probe[i], adap->name,
<snip>

The new i2c setup:
<snip>
for (i = 0; -1 != probe[i]; i++) {
msg.addr = probe[i];
rc = i2c_transfer(adap, &msg, 1);
dprintk(1,"probe 0x%02x @ %s: %s\n",
probe[i], adap->name,
(1 == rc) ? "yes" : "no");
if (1 == rc) {
ir_attach(adap, probe[i], 0, 0);
break;
}
}
<snip>
I have a few saa7134 cards with i2c remotes - all of these remotes are
completely dead.

Does anybody have a suggestion how to make this work, now?

Regards,
Timf