Re: Driver TerraTec Piranha functional, need some advice to finish up

Michael Krufky schreef:

> Dennis,
>
> I am currently in the process of cleaning up a public GPL'd driver
> released by Siano for the SMS1010 / SMS1150 silicon.

Hi Mike,

Ehh, D'OH I guess! I wrote to Siano in April when I bought this adapter,
but never got any reply. I know it was advertised as a mobile linux
chipset, but couldn't find any reference to any actual drivers.

At first try it seems to work in DVB-T mode with my device.

And at first glance it does the same things for DVB-T (only about 8
commands are really needed to function, though it is interesting to know
the real meaning behind all the bits).

> It makes more sense for you to add support for your device, rather
> than writing a new driver from scratch, especially considering that
> the driver I have comes directly from Siano, themselves.

Yes, of course. Well, at least it was interesting to reverse engineer
the protocol :-)

Goodluck with the many coding style violations, and please let me know
if you would like me to try or test something.

I will switch to this driver, and if I run into any issues with the
SMS1000 chipset I will send you a patch.

Can you provide a link to the "officially supported" firmware blobs ?

Thanks for your reply,
Dennis