Re: probs with af901x on mythbuntu

Hi Antti,
You're a legend!

Antti Palosaari wrote:
> pjama wrote:
>> Now (while donning my flame proof suit), I must confess that I hadn't
>> thoroughly gone through the mailing list (google failed me) but since
>> posting I've discovered a few things....
>>
>> 1) in dmesg where it says "af9013: firmware version:4.73.0" Does this
>> mean it found version 4.73.0 on the device or in the
>> /lib/firmware/kernel<blah>/dvb_usb_af9015 file? I believe I installed
>> version 4.95.0 (but being a binary file it's hard to confirm). Should
>> they match, Can I upgrade the device or should I downgrade the
>> dvb_usb_af9015 file?
>
> yes (you have old one), install the new one. Probably it does not matter
> but it is still better use newest available.

Do you mean in /lib/firmware/kernel.... ? Do you have a copy of the latest firmware. I think my source may be suspect.

>> 2) A post from Antti back in the beginning of April
>> (http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-April/025267.html)
>> says the driver works but tuning fails because of the MXL5005 tuner.
>> Bummer!
>
> It (now) should work, even both tuners. You should use different
> devel-tree:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015-mxl500x-copy-fw/

Yes you are right. A recompile with these drivers has scan and kaffeine finding channels now.
A quick test of kaffein confirms it works. The only problem I've seen is that one HDTV channel has no audio but I'm not sure this is related to the driver.

> Using both tuners same time got it hangs, due to broken mutex lock for
> i2c-bus. I have been a little busy now to fix this, but probably in this
> week I got it fixed.

I can now watch TV while I wait ;)

>> Antti, did you get the usb sniff that you were after? If not, can you
>> recommend an application that can dump a suitable file?
>
> Thanx for help but I have got needed logs already.

Cool

>> Cheers
>> peter
>>

> Antti