Re: probs with af901x on mythbuntu

pjama wrote:
> Now (while donning my flame proof suit), I must confess that I hadn't thoroughly gone through the mailing list (google failed me) but since posting I've discovered a few things....
>
> 1) in dmesg where it says "af9013: firmware version:4.73.0" Does this mean it found version 4.73.0 on the device or in the /lib/firmware/kernel<blah>/dvb_usb_af9015 file? I believe I installed version 4.95.0 (but being a binary file it's hard to confirm). Should they match, Can I upgrade the device or should I downgrade the dvb_usb_af9015 file?

yes (you have old one), install the new one. Probably it does not matter
but it is still better use newest available.

> 2) A post from Antti back in the beginning of April (http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-April/025267.html) says the driver works but tuning fails because of the MXL5005 tuner. Bummer!

It (now) should work, even both tuners. You should use different devel-tree:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015-mxl500x-copy-fw/

Using both tuners same time got it hangs, due to broken mutex lock for
i2c-bus. I have been a little busy now to fix this, but probably in this
week I got it fixed.

> Antti, did you get the usb sniff that you were after? If not, can you recommend an application that can dump a suitable file?

Thanx for help but I have got needed logs already.

> Cheers
> peter

Antti
--