Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1200

RISCH Gilles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my card is running, I've added some lines to the wiki:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1200
>
> can someone review / try it out
>
> Regards

Please do not top-quote.  Replies should appear below the quoted text.

Your wiki entry says,

"
  5. add this line to /etc/modules.d/dvb:
  options cx23885 card=7
"

Why?  Does the cx23885 driver not autodetect your board?

The HVR1200 has a subsystem ID that should allow the driver to autodetect your board.  If your board is not autodetected, it means one of two things:

1) The subsystem id of your card is missing, and we can simply add that for you to avoid the need for module option.

2) For one reason or another, the device may be reading the eeprom incorrectly, causing the subid not to show properly.  This is unlikely, but I have seen it happen in certain motherboards using cx23885 based products.

Please test without the module option -- your board should be properly autodetected.  If this is not the case, please send in your full dmesg output.

Regards,

Mike Krufky