Problems with Hauppauge HVR 900 (B3C0) hybrid USB

Hi everybody

I'm trying to get this device (USB 2040:6502) going. I understand that this
version will probably not give me DVB (only an older release would be
supported). But at the moment, I can't get anything to work, not even
analogue or the remote control.

Currently, I'm trying on Fedora 8 with a vanilla 2.6.24.5 kernel and the
drivers from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb. I also tried with the FC8 stock
kernel, 2.6.25, the drivers from mcentral.de, and even the userspace drivers
from Markus Rechberger, following various howto's and instructions.

For most combinations, I can achieve the following:
- analogue device is recognized and configured (according to
  dmesg, firmware is loaded, /dev/video0 appears)
- can't tune anything (with kdetv, device and cable are probably ok, because
  it works in Windows)
- IR remote is not recognized (nothing shows up in /proc/bus/input/devices)

With the userspace drivers from mcentral.de on 2.6.25, I got analogue and DVB
recognized and devices installed, but again couldn't tune anything (with
kdetv and klear).

Before I try to investigate deeper, I thought I'd ask again if my expectations
are right ?!? I *should* be able to get analogue and IR remote working,
shouldn't I?

I'd be thankful for any hints, pointing me to the most promising
combination :-) , and willing to post logs and stuff.

CU, Joe