Re: Hauppauge HVR1400 DVB-T support / XC3028L

Hi Brandon,

> On 23:26 Mon 21 Apr 2008, Steven Toth wrote:
>>  I've passed some patches to Mauro that add support for the Hauppauge
>>  HVR1400 Expresscard in DVB-T mode. (cx23885 bridge, dib7000p
>>  demodulator and the xceive xc3028L silicon tuner)
>>
>>  If you're interested in testing then wait for the patches to appear
>>  in the http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb tree.
>>
>>  You'll need to download firmware from
>>  http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1400
>>
>>  Post any questions or issues here.
>
> Could you post the patches to the lists for review?  CC'ing both
> linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx and video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx is appropriate.

The last time I mailed personal tree info to the lists I had people
referencing my local trees for way too long, posting support messages
for code that was getting older and more and more out of date.

It created more of a problem than it solved so I rarely do that any more.

I like to engage the non-developers on this list only when it makes sense.

> It is really difficult staying on top of V4L with private trees and
> private mails going around  :(

Agreed, I guess.

I posted the patches to the appropriate maintainers for review, along
with all of the dvb/v4l maintainers and Mauro. Nothing nefarious here,
I've always done this.

The only difference is that I'm informing a number of people who've
contacted me personally to ask for support - that support is about to
arrive. (I did that over the weekend also with the
HVR1200/HVR1700/TDA10048 email, and it kick-started a rather nice thread
for people trying to bring up the TDA10048 on another product).

In summary, I have sign-off from the only other maintainer effected by
the patches so I'd expect them to get merged very quickly into hg/v4l-dvb.

Comments / feedback welcome.

Regards,

- Steve