dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T dual express - willing to help test e.t.c...

Hi Folks

I have mistakenly bought a Fusion HDTV DVB-T dual express (cx23885) as a result of misreading some other posts and sites. I was under the impression that it would work either from the current kernel source or using Chris Pascoe's modules.  Unfortunately I didn't realise that the American and Euro/Australian version were different.

The kernel modules and those from the mercurial tree seems to get everything going, but when I try to tune it, it seems to only give "ATSC" tuning options. (This seems ridiculous as it is the "Europe/Australia" model). I believe it must be recognising the card as the American model (confirmed on the PC Board that it is the Aus/Euro model). There are no error messages e.t.c.. it just can't find a signal and only gives ATSC tuning options.

Chris had offered to take a look at what was going on in my system but hasn't responded to any mails for a few weeks now and I can't see any evidence of him doing anything, so I am assuming he is too busy for the moment to take a look.

I bought this as a second and third tuner for my mythtv/gaming system . The system already has a Fusion Lite card in it which is working very well.  The importance of this was highlighted when I missed the Henry Rollins interview on Rove so my gf could watch Grey's Anatomy (puke!!!).

If there are any local developers (Melbourne, Australia or even elsewhere in Australia)  then I would be happy to trade it with a confirmed working dual tuner card on a temporary basis to enable the driver to be completed/ amended to cope with the Australian/European version of the card.

Otherwise for any developers not in Australia,I can setup a login for you (ssh only, no remote X or anything). Just contact me via aklinbail at gmail.  The PC it sits on is our one and only TV tuner (our analog signal is crap) so there are some limitations as to the times you can login to the box and also with regards to keeping the current kernel build in place so we can use it on our return home from work in the evening.

cheers

Allan