Re: High CPU load in "top" due to budget_av slot polling

Hello all,

meanwhile I also found old threads from August 2007 and earlier, named
"System load raises when budget_av is loaded" and "System load raises
when budget_av is loaded", which describe exactly the same issue.
However, both were written before the latest code changes.

The latest debi_done code change from November 2007 does not use any
DEBI_E checks anymore. To my understanding this SAA7146 event indicates
  DEBI errors like timeout via PCI and should be received by the driver
  much earlier than those 250ms (=end of cycle). Seems like I have to
play around with this myself.

Time for a bugzilla ticket?

Regards,
Robert Schedel