Re: HDTV will be back in Freeview in the UK

On Thursday 03 April 2008 22:29:57 Andrea wrote:
> After the HDTV trial of a couple of years ago it seems that we'll get it
> again with the switchover.
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/apr/03/digitaltvradio.television?gusrc
>=rss&feed=uknews

'The regulator will also reshuffle the six multiplexes on which DTT is
broadcast. Channels will be moved off multiplex B, one of three multiplexes
used for public service broadcasting, on to spare capacity on other
multiplexes, freeing up space for HD and other new Freeview services.'

Just what we want, more overly compressed channels, but of course OFCOM
doesn't care about quality.

--
|\  /| ark Fraser  /Registered Linux User #466407