AF9015 - unknown tuner 30

Hi,

I've been experimenting with a very low-cost dual DVB-T tuner
(annoyingly I've thrown the packaging away now, but I think it was
branded as a Twinhan device, from Maplin (in the UK) on special at
only £29 which interestingly doesn't appear on their web site
anymore), the device itself and the installation guide is completely
unbranded.

The product is described on the Twinhan site, although my one is white
with no markings, but otherwise the same. Interestingly this page
isn't linked from the menu on the left, so I'm not sure if this is
"new" or "discontinued" or what!!!    http://www.twinhan.com/product_AD-TU700
.

It's USB id's are 13D3:3237 and manufacturer is shown as Afatech. The
windows driver .ini file suggests that the device is a UDTT704J. (704J
seems to match Twinhan's product details as well and is on the label
on the back of my device.)

 From digging around a bit (including some of the af9015 drivers on
this site) it looks like this is a af9015 based device and I can get
it to initialise (albeit with a number of errors), the most
interesting is the following:

[290181.920088] af9015_get_biu_config: Tuner type = 0x1E
[290181.920128] af9015_get_biu_config: Unknown tuner 30, please report

So hopefully this means something to you guys -- I have dismantled the
device and the IC's (do you still call them that? :-)) are covered by
a soldered on RF screen/heatsink ... I'm happy to remove this in the
name of science if needed.

I have had a dig around the provided Windows drivers with good old
'strings' and it looks like their driver supports the following
tuners: QT1010, MXL5003D, MXL5005D/R, TDA18271, MT2060 and (I'm
guessing) FS803a.

I'm very happy to help in whatever way I can with this as I'd love to
get this device working.

Thanks,

Lee.