Re: Nova-T 500 disconnects - solved? - YES!

---------- Missatge reenviat ----------
From: Nicolas Will <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:47:25 +0200
Subject: Re: Nova-T 500 disconnects - solved? - YES!

Guys,

I have tried the ehci patch manually on the Ubuntu 2.6.24-13 source, and
indeed it fixed the disconnects.

The fix is now in the 2.6.24-14 binaries, and works just as well.

My Ubuntu Hardy has now resumed normal activities and Gutsy stability
levels, so far.

I can only recommend that users of other distros should check for kernel
updates, bug their developers to include the fix, or do it themselves.

Nico

Those are very good news! I had "frozen" my upgrade to 2.6.24 after I started to see those messages indicating a "back to disconnect hell".

Now that the issue seems to be definitely isolated and solved I'll upgrade the kernel as soon as Gentoo 2.6.24 kernel includes this fix.

Best regards,
  Eduard