Re: Lifeview DVB-T from v4l-dvb and Pinnacle Hybrid USb from v4l-dvb-kernel......help

Aidan

So are you working on integrating the em28xx devices that are working
in v4l-dvb-kernel version into v4l-dvb (or ever your own version of
same)?

Or will it require changes to too much code?

I have to say as a user/observer I find it ridiculous that there are
two branches of working code that are pretty close to the same and
won't work with each other.  If there's one area that Linux really
clearly pi**es on Windows it's the handling of media and stuff like
this just switches people off.

While not looking at the code or drawing any conclusions therein a new
layer on top of v4l-dvb (whichever version) seems counter productive
to me.

Ho hum.....can someone please just tell me how to get my kit working
without having to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks in advance.