Lifeview DVB-T from v4l-dvb and Pinnacle Hybrid USb from v4l-dvb-kernel......help

I have a machine that has an internal card that's a Lifeview DVB and
works fine using the v4l-dvb mercurial sources.

I want to add a Pinnacle USB Hybrid stick (em28xx) that does not work
using the v4l-dvb sources but does work using the v4l-dvb-kernel
version.

1.  Will the number of em28xx cards supported by v4l-dvb be increased
shortly?  (My card id was 94 IIRC ).

2.  Can I mix and match from the sources...i.e. can I graft the em28xx
stuff from v4l-dvb-kernel into the v4l-dvb source and compile
successfully or has the underlying code changed at a more strategic
level?

3.  Why did the sources branch?  Was there a good technical reason for this?

4.  If I can't use the v4l-dvb sources to get my em28xx working what's
the chances of getting the v4l-dvb-kernel stuff working for the
lifeview flydvb card?

Thanks in advance.